In April this year the Banggood managers all were taken on a 2 Day trip out of the big city, similar to the famous Outward bound trip but a tad less physical.
It looks a lot like military training however it was far from it, most of the activities were not physically intensive and tested problem solving, memory and communication. The overall feel was like a school trip, fun and surrounded by all your friends.
The first thing that happened is we were divided into girls and boys then given our uniforms and keys to our rooms, all the girls slept in one barracks and the boys in another.
We were then separated into small groups and created team name and even had to have a team song. One of the challenges was singing the team song.
The guy in green was our host and directed us through the whole two days. Once our teams were created we began competing against each other.
- Remembering dance routines and songs.
- Building a boat and a short sail race.
- 2 people walking across a wire.
- Crossing the “lava” river
- Walking through the forest blindfolded and led by our leader in a line using hand movements to navigate as we were unable to talk.
- Reflecting on our life and work blindfolded and listening to emotional music.
- Playing a shape matching game where every team needed to trade or steal parts to build their unique design.
- Lots of sitting down and reflecting.
A short showcase of some of the activities are below.
After the two days on the camp I felt we had done a lot of activities which although were not as intense as other missions I have been on it left a stronger impression as after each activity there always seemed to be some story we were told that related to the challenges we faced and made us look at ourselves and our position and responsibility in our company and in our lives.
The whole group together, just before we left.
I would love to hear stories of what your company does for you guys, as this is the first company I have known to go on adventures like this.